Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 24, 2018
He’s got a face made for horror films, the voice, too. This Brit thriller (They ‘ave no possums in Jolly Olde, guvnah!) looks perverse. “Possum” opens in the UK in time for Halloween. Alun Armstrong also stars.
The toughest action pic ever filmed in Cincinnati? VOD and limited theatrical next weekend.
Peter Hedges is that rare screenwriter and director whose movies are about character and emotion and family, old grievances and new hope, a sense of place. He scripted “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape,” based on his novel, and wrote and directed … Continue reading
Perhaps one has been too hasty when one has declared “Is there anything worse than Imitation Tarantino, than Guy Ritchie Lite?” Because when wild card and now Oscar-winner Sam Rockwell’s involved, and Simon Callow and a bevy of screwy … Continue reading
Two strangers dressed in black arrive by train at a small Hungarian town. It’s August 1945 and this little corner of Hungary seems all but untouched by the World War that is just now winding up in the Pacific. Aside … Continue reading
How do you film a movie about the infamous jungle prison colony of French Guiana in Serbia and Malta, which have no jungle? Badly and cheaply, it turns out. “Papillon” was a best selling if largely discredited autobiography of … Continue reading
Two men try to keep themselves and their families alive during the Rwandan Genocide and a rich Nashville businessman reaches out to his rape-victim daughter in “Beautifully Broken,” a not-inspirational-enough real-life drama directed by music video veteran Eric Welch.’ You … Continue reading