Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Classic Film Review: "The 49th Parallel"(1941) reminds us Nazis aren't "very fine people"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: August 23, 2018
Preview, Dakota Johnson shakes her Satanic money maker in “Suspira”
Her momma could’ve warned her, about that deal with the Devil you make when you get yourself marked with that “sexual” label. Granted, a “Suspira” remake (sort of) with Tilda Swinton and erotic modern dance is not “Fifty Shades Shakes … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Preview, Dakota Johnson shakes her Satanic money maker in “Suspira”
Netflixable? Who’s scarier, the “Prodigy” or those who treat her?
There’s nothing scarier than a little girl with the right glower. Ellie has it. Red hair tied in a bun, freckles, she’s imp-sized. But when we first see the “Prodigy,” it’s from behind. She’s in a straight jacket. “Do not … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Netflixable? Who’s scarier, the “Prodigy” or those who treat her?
Next Screening? “Beautifully Broken”
The major (and minor) Hollywood studios tend to dump movies onto the last two weekends in August, films that have limited box office prospects, damaged goods that their research tells them audiences won’t care to see, word of mouth won’t … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next Screening? “Beautifully Broken”