Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: "Teacher"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 18, 2018
One of my gripes in recent years has been how the major studios have shied away from working with established directors. They’ve treated people of talent and accomplishment as dispensable, an expense they don’t need. Filmmakers find their ability to … Continue reading
Married too young, TV gig falls into her lap, a first year of marriage dramedy like “Paper Year” makes it all look too easy, with the “obstacles” kind of artificially inserted. “You ever feel that sometimes everything is just…hard?” … Continue reading
I could totally see the former “Robin Sparkles” as a Chrissie Hynde type, breaking big decades ago, breaking up the band, going to school, still a bit of a hell raiser. Not sure if “Alright Now,” picked up by Gravitas … Continue reading
A Wednesday opening jump-started “Crazy Rich Asians’” weekend, as the Warner Brothers all-Asian comedy is on a pace to reach $31 million or so by midnight Sunday. That’s adding in a $21 million weekend, allowing the adaptation of Kevin Kwan’s … Continue reading