Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 18, 2018
One of my gripes in recent years has been how the major studios have shied away from working with established directors. They’ve treated people of talent and accomplishment as dispensable, an expense they don’t need. Filmmakers find their ability to … Continue reading
Married too young, TV gig falls into her lap, a first year of marriage dramedy like “Paper Year” makes it all look too easy, with the “obstacles” kind of artificially inserted. “You ever feel that sometimes everything is just…hard?” … Continue reading
I could totally see the former “Robin Sparkles” as a Chrissie Hynde type, breaking big decades ago, breaking up the band, going to school, still a bit of a hell raiser. Not sure if “Alright Now,” picked up by Gravitas … Continue reading
A Wednesday opening jump-started “Crazy Rich Asians’” weekend, as the Warner Brothers all-Asian comedy is on a pace to reach $31 million or so by midnight Sunday. That’s adding in a $21 million weekend, allowing the adaptation of Kevin Kwan’s … Continue reading