Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 18, 2018
One of my gripes in recent years has been how the major studios have shied away from working with established directors. They’ve treated people of talent and accomplishment as dispensable, an expense they don’t need. Filmmakers find their ability to … Continue reading
Married too young, TV gig falls into her lap, a first year of marriage dramedy like “Paper Year” makes it all look too easy, with the “obstacles” kind of artificially inserted. “You ever feel that sometimes everything is just…hard?” … Continue reading
I could totally see the former “Robin Sparkles” as a Chrissie Hynde type, breaking big decades ago, breaking up the band, going to school, still a bit of a hell raiser. Not sure if “Alright Now,” picked up by Gravitas … Continue reading
A Wednesday opening jump-started “Crazy Rich Asians’” weekend, as the Warner Brothers all-Asian comedy is on a pace to reach $31 million or so by midnight Sunday. That’s adding in a $21 million weekend, allowing the adaptation of Kevin Kwan’s … Continue reading