Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Silverstone, a Tsunami and Sharks? "The Requin"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Netflixable? "Aileen Wuornos: American Boogeywoman" is trash, and not the good kind
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 14, 2014
The great Irish actor Brendan Gleeson is having a good laugh remembering the opening scene from the new movie “Frank.” A musically-inept young man is humming and thinking up lyrics — BAD lyrics — as he walks home from work. … Continue reading
Zach Galifianakis — talk show co-host (with a fern), hairy hedonist, and in out of Vegas, comic and sage. Which one will show up when we chat today? He’s played the madman man-child more times than one can count, but … Continue reading
Antonio Banderas pretty much steals “The Expendables 3.” But at this stage in that winded franchise, that amounts to petty theft. Adding the chatty, animated and action-friendly Banderas and Wesley Snipes as new “Expendables” and Mel Gibson as an arms-dealing … Continue reading