Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 22, 2014
“This is not a sad story,” the little girl narrates at the opening of “Louder Than Words.” The little girl lies. “Louder Than Words” is a tepid melodrama about the healing power that a death in the family can force … Continue reading
The onetime TV Hercules got good and wound up over the Ferguson, Missouri riots. And stuck his foot in it. ““Ferguson riots have very little to do with the shooting of the young man,” he wrote. “It is an excuse … Continue reading
Weekend movies: Dog days of August deliver “Are You Here?” “When the Game Stands Tall”, “If I Stay” and “Sin City”
Truthfully, none of the movies opening this weekend is “Let’s Be Cops” or “Into the Storm” awful. But the tomatometer was most ruthless about “Mad Men” creator Matthew Weiner’s overambitious dysfunction and drug abuse comedy “Are You Here?” It’s rating … Continue reading