Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 22, 2014
“This is not a sad story,” the little girl narrates at the opening of “Louder Than Words.” The little girl lies. “Louder Than Words” is a tepid melodrama about the healing power that a death in the family can force … Continue reading
The onetime TV Hercules got good and wound up over the Ferguson, Missouri riots. And stuck his foot in it. ““Ferguson riots have very little to do with the shooting of the young man,” he wrote. “It is an excuse … Continue reading
Weekend movies: Dog days of August deliver “Are You Here?” “When the Game Stands Tall”, “If I Stay” and “Sin City”
Truthfully, none of the movies opening this weekend is “Let’s Be Cops” or “Into the Storm” awful. But the tomatometer was most ruthless about “Mad Men” creator Matthew Weiner’s overambitious dysfunction and drug abuse comedy “Are You Here?” It’s rating … Continue reading