Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 22, 2014
“This is not a sad story,” the little girl narrates at the opening of “Louder Than Words.” The little girl lies. “Louder Than Words” is a tepid melodrama about the healing power that a death in the family can force … Continue reading
The onetime TV Hercules got good and wound up over the Ferguson, Missouri riots. And stuck his foot in it. ““Ferguson riots have very little to do with the shooting of the young man,” he wrote. “It is an excuse … Continue reading
Weekend movies: Dog days of August deliver “Are You Here?” “When the Game Stands Tall”, “If I Stay” and “Sin City”
Truthfully, none of the movies opening this weekend is “Let’s Be Cops” or “Into the Storm” awful. But the tomatometer was most ruthless about “Mad Men” creator Matthew Weiner’s overambitious dysfunction and drug abuse comedy “Are You Here?” It’s rating … Continue reading