Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Movie Review: "Bad Boys for Life"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: Even drug mules have to worry about where they book a room in "The Host"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 22, 2014
“This is not a sad story,” the little girl narrates at the opening of “Louder Than Words.” The little girl lies. “Louder Than Words” is a tepid melodrama about the healing power that a death in the family can force … Continue reading
The onetime TV Hercules got good and wound up over the Ferguson, Missouri riots. And stuck his foot in it. ““Ferguson riots have very little to do with the shooting of the young man,” he wrote. “It is an excuse … Continue reading
Weekend movies: Dog days of August deliver “Are You Here?” “When the Game Stands Tall”, “If I Stay” and “Sin City”
Truthfully, none of the movies opening this weekend is “Let’s Be Cops” or “Into the Storm” awful. But the tomatometer was most ruthless about “Mad Men” creator Matthew Weiner’s overambitious dysfunction and drug abuse comedy “Are You Here?” It’s rating … Continue reading