Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 22, 2014
“This is not a sad story,” the little girl narrates at the opening of “Louder Than Words.” The little girl lies. “Louder Than Words” is a tepid melodrama about the healing power that a death in the family can force … Continue reading
The onetime TV Hercules got good and wound up over the Ferguson, Missouri riots. And stuck his foot in it. ““Ferguson riots have very little to do with the shooting of the young man,” he wrote. “It is an excuse … Continue reading
Weekend movies: Dog days of August deliver “Are You Here?” “When the Game Stands Tall”, “If I Stay” and “Sin City”
Truthfully, none of the movies opening this weekend is “Let’s Be Cops” or “Into the Storm” awful. But the tomatometer was most ruthless about “Mad Men” creator Matthew Weiner’s overambitious dysfunction and drug abuse comedy “Are You Here?” It’s rating … Continue reading