Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 21, 2014
Nauseating, disgusting, vile and vulgar, that much is obvious about “Septic Man” before the opening credits are done.A horror story/survival tale set in sewers awash in condoms and corpses, this sets itself up as a monster comedy in the “Toxic … Continue reading
In case you missed it, it’s George Takei’s America. We’re just living in it. And getting his autograph. The man owns the Internet, through his wry Facebook memes and comical commentary on issues from gay rights to sci-fi omnipresence. On … Continue reading
“When the Game Stands Tall” is a solid if unsurprising and uninspiring melodrama built around high school football, faith-based but “Friday Night Lite.” It’s the latest of that peculiar sub genre of sports films, where filmmakers bend over backwards to … Continue reading