Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Movie Review: The Mafia throws a big party in "Mob Town"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 21, 2014
Nauseating, disgusting, vile and vulgar, that much is obvious about “Septic Man” before the opening credits are done.A horror story/survival tale set in sewers awash in condoms and corpses, this sets itself up as a monster comedy in the “Toxic … Continue reading
In case you missed it, it’s George Takei’s America. We’re just living in it. And getting his autograph. The man owns the Internet, through his wry Facebook memes and comical commentary on issues from gay rights to sci-fi omnipresence. On … Continue reading
“When the Game Stands Tall” is a solid if unsurprising and uninspiring melodrama built around high school football, faith-based but “Friday Night Lite.” It’s the latest of that peculiar sub genre of sports films, where filmmakers bend over backwards to … Continue reading