Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- RIP Ennio Morricone, master of the Spaghetti Western score
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 21, 2014
Nauseating, disgusting, vile and vulgar, that much is obvious about “Septic Man” before the opening credits are done.A horror story/survival tale set in sewers awash in condoms and corpses, this sets itself up as a monster comedy in the “Toxic … Continue reading
In case you missed it, it’s George Takei’s America. We’re just living in it. And getting his autograph. The man owns the Internet, through his wry Facebook memes and comical commentary on issues from gay rights to sci-fi omnipresence. On … Continue reading
“When the Game Stands Tall” is a solid if unsurprising and uninspiring melodrama built around high school football, faith-based but “Friday Night Lite.” It’s the latest of that peculiar sub genre of sports films, where filmmakers bend over backwards to … Continue reading