Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Movie Review: Abraham's story aimed at the Easter audience -- "His Only Son"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? The Vulgarians Rise Again -- "Murder Mystery 2"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: August 13, 2014
Movie Review: “The Giver”
The film version of “The Giver” is briskly directed in bright, confident strokes, scripted to emphasize its thought-provoking qualities and acted by players, young and old, who are “all in” on the future they’re portraying. As adaptations of Young Adult … Continue reading
Movie Review: “Let’s Be Cops”
The laughs are loud, lewd and low in “Let’s Be Cops,” a spoof of cop “buddy pictures” that is pretty much the definition of “an August comedy.” The last month of summer is typically a dumping ground for titles studios … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Let’s Be Cops”
Lauren Bacall: 1925-2014
Lauren “Betty” Bacall died today, TMZ just confirmed. She was 89 years old, one of the last survivors of Hollywood’s film noir era, Bogie’s widow. “You know how to whistle, don’t you?” We do. “Key Largo,” “The Big Sleep,” “To … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Lauren Bacall: 1925-2014