Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- BOX OFFICE: And the winner is? "Marcel the Shell with Shoes On?"
- Netflixable? A kidnapping, a kidnapper lost "In the Shadow of Iris"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 19, 2014
I guess it was looking over the box office take of “Boyhood,” the most acclaimed film of the summer and certainly independent cinema’s darling of the year, that prompted this perusal of the box office tallies of the offbeat. Summer … Continue reading
The religious and cultural fault lines of the Middle East get thoroughly blurred in “May in the Summer,” the second feature film from the Palestinian-American actress-writer-director Cherian Dabis (“Amreeka”). The setting and various religious rifts are unfamiliar, if the domestic/romantic … Continue reading