Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Movie Review: The Mafia throws a big party in "Mob Town"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 19, 2014
I guess it was looking over the box office take of “Boyhood,” the most acclaimed film of the summer and certainly independent cinema’s darling of the year, that prompted this perusal of the box office tallies of the offbeat. Summer … Continue reading
The religious and cultural fault lines of the Middle East get thoroughly blurred in “May in the Summer,” the second feature film from the Palestinian-American actress-writer-director Cherian Dabis (“Amreeka”). The setting and various religious rifts are unfamiliar, if the domestic/romantic … Continue reading