Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 1, 2014
Growing up, first in Benin in West Africa and later in France, Djimon Hounsou had “no experience of comic books. I only came to them much later in life.” So it wasn’t as if the two-time Oscar nominee was on … Continue reading
She showed up on TV, made her mark in films such as “Diary of a Wimpy Kid,” broke out as a fanboy fave with “Kick-Ass” and “Let Me In,” and starred in the remake of “Carrie.” Chloe Grace Moretz is … Continue reading
“Guardians of the Galaxy” arrives at the end of a summer overloaded with comic book franchises and science fiction franchises and fantasies that could be franchises. So if you’re looking for a reason that the box office has skidded to … Continue reading