Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: A son with few "Identifying Features" goes missing in the Borderlands in this haunting odyssey
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 1, 2014
Growing up, first in Benin in West Africa and later in France, Djimon Hounsou had “no experience of comic books. I only came to them much later in life.” So it wasn’t as if the two-time Oscar nominee was on … Continue reading
She showed up on TV, made her mark in films such as “Diary of a Wimpy Kid,” broke out as a fanboy fave with “Kick-Ass” and “Let Me In,” and starred in the remake of “Carrie.” Chloe Grace Moretz is … Continue reading
“Guardians of the Galaxy” arrives at the end of a summer overloaded with comic book franchises and science fiction franchises and fantasies that could be franchises. So if you’re looking for a reason that the box office has skidded to … Continue reading