Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The Internet sex trade comes a little too easily to this "Jezebel"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Movie Review: A "Joker" dances through America's Darkest Hours
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 6, 2014
Daniel Radcliffe has another nice cinematic separation from Harry Potter opening in limited release Friday (wider release next week, and in weeks to follow). “What If” is a lame title for a lovely little romantic comedy about a guy who … Continue reading
The culinary culture clash comedy “The Hundred-Foot Journey” dawdles, like a meal that drags on and on because the waiter is too busy texting to bother bringing you the check. Based on the Richard Morais novel, it’s a low-flame romance … Continue reading
The “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” earn a Michael Bay-produced 3-D re-boot that spares no expense in special effects and spares no decibel in the volume that is the soundtrack to all their new mayhem. These digitally-animated super-sized turtles have real-world … Continue reading
The romantic comedy recipe is so well-known and foolproof that the great mystery about them is how rarely the romantic fools in Hollywood get it right. “What If” does. It’s a healthy serving of great “obstacles to romance,” generous helpings … Continue reading
MIAMI BEACH — Chloe Grace Moretz is spending a lot of time pondering life’s transitions. At 17, it’s not too soon for her to wonder about that generally-awkward leap to more adult roles. For every Emma Watson, gracefully continuing her … Continue reading