Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: "Delia's Gone," a Vengeance Thriller with a Twist
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: August 6, 2014
Next Interview: Got questions for Daniel Radcliffe?
Daniel Radcliffe has another nice cinematic separation from Harry Potter opening in limited release Friday (wider release next week, and in weeks to follow). “What If” is a lame title for a lovely little romantic comedy about a guy who … Continue reading
Posted in previews, profiles and movie news, Reviews 2 Comments
Movie Review: “The Hundred-Foot Journey” goes on…forever
The culinary culture clash comedy “The Hundred-Foot Journey” dawdles, like a meal that drags on and on because the waiter is too busy texting to bother bringing you the check. Based on the Richard Morais novel, it’s a low-flame romance … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “The Hundred-Foot Journey” goes on…forever
Movie Review: “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” get the Michael Bay treatment
The “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” earn a Michael Bay-produced 3-D re-boot that spares no expense in special effects and spares no decibel in the volume that is the soundtrack to all their new mayhem. These digitally-animated super-sized turtles have real-world … Continue reading
Movie Review: Daniel Radcliffe strays from “the friend zone” in “What If”
The romantic comedy recipe is so well-known and foolproof that the great mystery about them is how rarely the romantic fools in Hollywood get it right. “What If” does. It’s a healthy serving of great “obstacles to romance,” generous helpings … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Daniel Radcliffe strays from “the friend zone” in “What If”
Chloe Grace Moretz faces the BIG questions with “If I Stay”
MIAMI BEACH — Chloe Grace Moretz is spending a lot of time pondering life’s transitions. At 17, it’s not too soon for her to wonder about that generally-awkward leap to more adult roles. For every Emma Watson, gracefully continuing her … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Chloe Grace Moretz faces the BIG questions with “If I Stay”