Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "Boogie" has the game, are his Hoop Dreams in vain?
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Ridley and Holland star in "Chaos Walking"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 6, 2014
Daniel Radcliffe has another nice cinematic separation from Harry Potter opening in limited release Friday (wider release next week, and in weeks to follow). “What If” is a lame title for a lovely little romantic comedy about a guy who … Continue reading
The culinary culture clash comedy “The Hundred-Foot Journey” dawdles, like a meal that drags on and on because the waiter is too busy texting to bother bringing you the check. Based on the Richard Morais novel, it’s a low-flame romance … Continue reading
The “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” earn a Michael Bay-produced 3-D re-boot that spares no expense in special effects and spares no decibel in the volume that is the soundtrack to all their new mayhem. These digitally-animated super-sized turtles have real-world … Continue reading
The romantic comedy recipe is so well-known and foolproof that the great mystery about them is how rarely the romantic fools in Hollywood get it right. “What If” does. It’s a healthy serving of great “obstacles to romance,” generous helpings … Continue reading
MIAMI BEACH — Chloe Grace Moretz is spending a lot of time pondering life’s transitions. At 17, it’s not too soon for her to wonder about that generally-awkward leap to more adult roles. For every Emma Watson, gracefully continuing her … Continue reading