Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 18, 2014
“Mad Men” creator Matthew Weiner takes his act to the big screen with “Are You Here?” which turns out to be the most quotable Owen Wilson comedy since “Zoolander.” It’s a bit all over the place, a stoner comedy with … Continue reading
As “found footage” horror movies go, “The Possession of Michael King” is more unpleasant than scary. The self-inflicted wounds, menace to innocents and general supernatural mayhem is nothing we haven’t seen before — the old “body yanked out of the … Continue reading