Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: "Project Wolf Hunting" is a Slaughterhouse at Sea
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 16, 2014
Every so often, a movie comes along and reminds us of the primacy of the pretty picture, the importance of the image in telling a motion picture story. “Island of Lemurs: Madagascar” is so gorgeously photographed that it’s very much … Continue reading
Summer’s spent, cinematically. So it’s time to tally up the take, pat a few folks on the back and pass the buck of blame around Hollywood for the cinema season that was The sequels showed up in droves, and some … Continue reading
A PG-13 rated “Expendables” sequel featuring a high body count and a fun turn by Puss-N-Boots Banderas is limping into the $16 million range, the worst opening weekend by far for this aged action hero franchise. They’re done, unless there’s … Continue reading