Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 16, 2014
Every so often, a movie comes along and reminds us of the primacy of the pretty picture, the importance of the image in telling a motion picture story. “Island of Lemurs: Madagascar” is so gorgeously photographed that it’s very much … Continue reading
Summer’s spent, cinematically. So it’s time to tally up the take, pat a few folks on the back and pass the buck of blame around Hollywood for the cinema season that was The sequels showed up in droves, and some … Continue reading
A PG-13 rated “Expendables” sequel featuring a high body count and a fun turn by Puss-N-Boots Banderas is limping into the $16 million range, the worst opening weekend by far for this aged action hero franchise. They’re done, unless there’s … Continue reading