Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The Internet sex trade comes a little too easily to this "Jezebel"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Movie Review: A "Joker" dances through America's Darkest Hours
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 16, 2014
Every so often, a movie comes along and reminds us of the primacy of the pretty picture, the importance of the image in telling a motion picture story. “Island of Lemurs: Madagascar” is so gorgeously photographed that it’s very much … Continue reading
Summer’s spent, cinematically. So it’s time to tally up the take, pat a few folks on the back and pass the buck of blame around Hollywood for the cinema season that was The sequels showed up in droves, and some … Continue reading
A PG-13 rated “Expendables” sequel featuring a high body count and a fun turn by Puss-N-Boots Banderas is limping into the $16 million range, the worst opening weekend by far for this aged action hero franchise. They’re done, unless there’s … Continue reading