Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? "Infiesto" -- A Piquant Pandemic Police Procedural from Spain
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 4, 2014
“This is like one of those ’80s movies,” wide-eyed Sarah (Aubrey Plaza) observes at one point in the later scenes of “About Alex.” Yes, it is. More like “that ’80s movie” — singular. “About Alex” is “The Big Chill” — … Continue reading
There’s something about the idea of that quintessentially modern mensch Griffin Dunne (“After Hours,” “Dallas Buyers Club”) in a period piece that doesn’t connect. But Griffin Dunne as an academic has-been, forced to dress in 19th century frontier wear to … Continue reading
The casting of Matthew McConaughey looked promising, Jessica Chastain’s in it, and Michael Caine (of course). Christopher Nolan’s cautionary, hopeful film about a Global Warming doomed Earth in search of a replacement planet epic opens right after election day, where … Continue reading
This promising fall romantic comedy pairs up Daniel Radcliffe with Zoe Kazan, a sort of meeting Ms. Right at the Wrong Time sort of farce. Adam Driver and Mackenzie Davis are the two “best friends” who show up to remind … Continue reading