Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Movie Review: "Bad Boys for Life"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: Even drug mules have to worry about where they book a room in "The Host"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 4, 2014
“This is like one of those ’80s movies,” wide-eyed Sarah (Aubrey Plaza) observes at one point in the later scenes of “About Alex.” Yes, it is. More like “that ’80s movie” — singular. “About Alex” is “The Big Chill” — … Continue reading
There’s something about the idea of that quintessentially modern mensch Griffin Dunne (“After Hours,” “Dallas Buyers Club”) in a period piece that doesn’t connect. But Griffin Dunne as an academic has-been, forced to dress in 19th century frontier wear to … Continue reading
The casting of Matthew McConaughey looked promising, Jessica Chastain’s in it, and Michael Caine (of course). Christopher Nolan’s cautionary, hopeful film about a Global Warming doomed Earth in search of a replacement planet epic opens right after election day, where … Continue reading
This promising fall romantic comedy pairs up Daniel Radcliffe with Zoe Kazan, a sort of meeting Ms. Right at the Wrong Time sort of farce. Adam Driver and Mackenzie Davis are the two “best friends” who show up to remind … Continue reading