Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 27, 2020
Anyone reveling in his patriarchal venality on HBO’s “Succession” should treat yourself to Brian Cox’s “Thespian in Winter…and Depends” turn in “The Carer,” a tirade of bellowing, blustering delights from the Shakespearean who has played many a villain when Hollywood … Continue reading
Horror fans know the trope well, that moment when everybody in the story of some supernatural threat or another gets on the same page. One character is seeing things, hearing things, perceiving a threat. And others, or in a simpler … Continue reading