Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 9, 2020
A deep bow, from the waist, for any actor who takes a flier on a crazy idea of a movie, on a nutty dreamer with a screen-written dream, on a cracked visionary with the unlikely name Adam Egypt Mortimer. That’s … Continue reading
There’s a melancholy magic about “Farewell Amor,” a story of Africans come to America, cultures clashing and a family tested by the shock of reunion after a long separation. Watching Ekwa Msangi’s debut feature, a remake of a short film … Continue reading
This month’s version of “Assassins who primp” is Jessica Chastain, pale and perfectly put-together murderess for hire as “Ava.” She’s a woman of mystery whose job is “closing” targets for “management,” getting striking little splashes of blood on that immaculate … Continue reading