Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 14, 2020
They’ve sunk everything they have into their latest “fixer upper.” It’s a big, remote manor house in Spain, and it’s their biggest project, if not their first. But their angel-faced son Eric (Lucas Blas) is spooked. His toys are switching … Continue reading
A supernatural thriller also starring writer/director Derek Ting, it’s about ancient “dust” conferring superpowers. And we’ll see exactly what that leads to in January when “Agent Revelation” (formerly titled “Agent II”) comes our way.
The teaser trailer only gives away a little — Nov. 21, a Caribbean/South American setting, a seriously salsa-flavored beat.
Wait, didn’t “Ip Man: The Finale” come out just last year? Ip Man, that martial artist who never fails, the movie hero with more farewell tours than Cher, is back for “Ip Man : Kung Fu Master,” a solid set … Continue reading
Alicia Silverstone has her best big screen role in ages in “Sister of the Groom,” a “big fat Jewish wedding” comedy in which she has the title role, but which she apparently had to soldier through in the last stages … Continue reading
Documentary Review — Slushed, sauced and sarcastic — “Crock of Gold: A Few Rounds with Shane MacGowan”
The voice is one long never-sobered-up slur, and the appearance — wheelchair-bound, face in need of spittle, spilled-booze or what-have-you removal — frighteningly like another modern icon. Can it be that Irish singer singer, songwriter Shane MacGowan come has come … Continue reading