Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Rideshare Roger just might be a "Stalker"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 28, 2020
Movie Preview: Robin Wright directs herself, a woman on the mountain with nature and her past — “Land”
This February 12 drama about grappling with the past while the present, being wild and unforgiving, is trying to eat you, give you frostbite or make you starve. Demian Bichir also stars.
Documentary Review: A waterfront village pays the price of corruption, pollution and incompetence — “Once Upon a Time in Venezuela”
You need to understand a lot of context to fully grasp what filmmaker Anabel Rodriguez Rios is trying to get across in her documentary, “Once Upon a Time in Venezuela.” She tells the story of the country’s troubles through a … Continue reading
Netflixable? French dinner guests play “Truth or Dare” with each other’s phones — “Nothing to Hide (Le jeu)”
If Netflix had a corporate sense of humor, they’d offer all three versions of this French comedy/melodrama on the service at the same time. “Nothing to Hide (Le jeu)” is a remake of an Italian film “Perfetti sconosciuti (Perfect Strangers).” … Continue reading
I remember looking forward to “Tracks,” a cross-Australia “walkabout” epic, when I saw the trailers back in 2013. But the ever-troubled Weinstein Co. never gave it much of a U.S. release. But the story of Robyn Davidson’s cross-Outback trek, accompanied … Continue reading