Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? Olga Kurylenko punches above her weight in "Sentinelle"
- Netflixable? "Dogwashers (Lavaperros)," a Guy Ritchie clone from Colombia
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 28, 2020
Movie Preview: Robin Wright directs herself, a woman on the mountain with nature and her past — “Land”
This February 12 drama about grappling with the past while the present, being wild and unforgiving, is trying to eat you, give you frostbite or make you starve. Demian Bichir also stars.
Documentary Review: A waterfront village pays the price of corruption, pollution and incompetence — “Once Upon a Time in Venezuela”
You need to understand a lot of context to fully grasp what filmmaker Anabel Rodriguez Rios is trying to get across in her documentary, “Once Upon a Time in Venezuela.” She tells the story of the country’s troubles through a … Continue reading
Netflixable? French dinner guests play “Truth or Dare” with each other’s phones — “Nothing to Hide (Le jeu)”
If Netflix had a corporate sense of humor, they’d offer all three versions of this French comedy/melodrama on the service at the same time. “Nothing to Hide (Le jeu)” is a remake of an Italian film “Perfetti sconosciuti (Perfect Strangers).” … Continue reading
I remember looking forward to “Tracks,” a cross-Australia “walkabout” epic, when I saw the trailers back in 2013. But the ever-troubled Weinstein Co. never gave it much of a U.S. release. But the story of Robyn Davidson’s cross-Outback trek, accompanied … Continue reading