Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 28, 2020
Movie Preview: Robin Wright directs herself, a woman on the mountain with nature and her past — “Land”
This February 12 drama about grappling with the past while the present, being wild and unforgiving, is trying to eat you, give you frostbite or make you starve. Demian Bichir also stars.
Documentary Review: A waterfront village pays the price of corruption, pollution and incompetence — “Once Upon a Time in Venezuela”
You need to understand a lot of context to fully grasp what filmmaker Anabel Rodriguez Rios is trying to get across in her documentary, “Once Upon a Time in Venezuela.” She tells the story of the country’s troubles through a … Continue reading
Netflixable? French dinner guests play “Truth or Dare” with each other’s phones — “Nothing to Hide (Le jeu)”
If Netflix had a corporate sense of humor, they’d offer all three versions of this French comedy/melodrama on the service at the same time. “Nothing to Hide (Le jeu)” is a remake of an Italian film “Perfetti sconosciuti (Perfect Strangers).” … Continue reading
I remember looking forward to “Tracks,” a cross-Australia “walkabout” epic, when I saw the trailers back in 2013. But the ever-troubled Weinstein Co. never gave it much of a U.S. release. But the story of Robyn Davidson’s cross-Outback trek, accompanied … Continue reading