Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 20, 2020
Classic Film Review: “Raining in the Mountain” (1979) blends period detail, martial arts and comedy to grand effect
Here’s a fun martial arts Buddhist parable from the late pre-Jackie Chan era, a 1979 jewel that’s been newly-restored in ways that preserve the look, sound and feel of the age of the times, a moment in time caught amid … Continue reading
Homelessness has always been a part of the Christmas story, ever since there was “no room at the inn.” Something about the holiday lends itself to the pathos of those with no family to turn to, no secure place to … Continue reading