Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: Dutch Road Ragers are just the worst -- "Tailgate (Bumperkleef)"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 29, 2020
Veteran Moroccan director Philippe Faucon (“Sabine,” “Fatima”) conjures up a multi-layered if somewhat melodramatic portrait of immigrant life in modern Europe with “Amin,” a story of African men working far from home, the stresses they’re under and the network of … Continue reading
Movies that bend the laws of space-time without the introduction of a black hole fall more into the realm of fantasy than “Interstellar” science fiction. It’s why films like this year’s “The Call” or “Frequency,” “The Time Traveler’s Wife” or … Continue reading