Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? Poland's "The Getaway King (Najmro)" has style, wit and panache
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Netflixable? "40-Love" stumbles in love and laughs, if not tennis
- Animated Movie Preview: Apple TV+'s "Luck" gives us a Black Cat with Simon Pegg's Scots accent
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 4, 2020
This LA-set “friends take stock of life after a tragedy’ was produced by basketball star Victor Oladipo. “If Not Now, When?” streams and hits some theaters Jan. 8
Film buffs salivating over the prospect of David Fincher taking on the making of “Citizen Kane” may be left a tad dry-mouthed by “Mank,” his Netflix bio-pic of “Kane” co-writer Herman J. Mankiewicz. Filmed in digital video black and white, … Continue reading
Disney goes back to the “Enchanted” well for “Godmothered,” a Jillian Bell comedy that casts her as a dizzy fairy godmother-in-training trying to make one little girl’s wish for a “happily ever after” come true. Bell is in fine (PG) … Continue reading
“All My Life” is “The Big Sick” without laughs — not a one — and without the charm, well, most of it, anyway. “True story” or not, it’s a check-box romantic weeper that checks those boxes — Meet Cute (meh), … Continue reading