Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 6, 2020
Netflixable? Germans mix it up with German mobsters in a “Christmas Crossfire (Wir können nicht anders)”
Truth be told, I could have done without the German holiday line-dancing in the finale. There are plenty of times co-writer/director Detlev Buck (“Hands off Mississippi”) tosses a few too many balls in the air — characters to follow, subtexts … Continue reading
In these troubled times, which are looking more and more like End Times for Hollywood and movies in theaters, it’s heartening to realize that whatever dies, indie cinema will endure. Movies like “The Planters” pretty much guarantee that. An insistently … Continue reading