Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: Dutch Road Ragers are just the worst -- "Tailgate (Bumperkleef)"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 5, 2020
The filmmakers who brought us “The Secret of Kells” and “Song of the Sea” bring another Irish myth to vibrant, animated life in “Wolfwalkers,” an environmental fable about spirits who protect the forests from the Ruin of Man. The vivid, … Continue reading
Documentary Review: Big Brother’s at the door with “Coded Bias” in facial rec tech, “data harvesting”
One of the cleverest touches of “Coded Bias,” the new film from documentarian Shalini Kantayya (“Catching the Sun”) is the faces we see and the voices she chose to give a platform to. The film — about the destructive biases … Continue reading
There’s a whiff of a half-interesting screen romance in the multi-character episodic rom-com “Love, Weddings & Other Disasters.” Oscar winner Jeremy Irons plays a stiff, snobby Boston caterer who is “set up” with a “blind date.” The date is played … Continue reading
One thing Woody Allen didn’t cover in his new “the REAL me/my side of things” autobiography is the nearly 20 years he cultivated a mystique by avoiding talking to the press. It took the scandalous 1992 revelation of his affair … Continue reading
Lily James, Johnny Flynn and Ben Chaplin also star in this Jan. 21 Netflix release.
Man of action, man of violence, man of “particular skills.” A little “No Country for old Men” meets “Gloria.”