Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 5, 2020
The filmmakers who brought us “The Secret of Kells” and “Song of the Sea” bring another Irish myth to vibrant, animated life in “Wolfwalkers,” an environmental fable about spirits who protect the forests from the Ruin of Man. The vivid, … Continue reading
Documentary Review: Big Brother’s at the door with “Coded Bias” in facial rec tech, “data harvesting”
One of the cleverest touches of “Coded Bias,” the new film from documentarian Shalini Kantayya (“Catching the Sun”) is the faces we see and the voices she chose to give a platform to. The film — about the destructive biases … Continue reading
There’s a whiff of a half-interesting screen romance in the multi-character episodic rom-com “Love, Weddings & Other Disasters.” Oscar winner Jeremy Irons plays a stiff, snobby Boston caterer who is “set up” with a “blind date.” The date is played … Continue reading
One thing Woody Allen didn’t cover in his new “the REAL me/my side of things” autobiography is the nearly 20 years he cultivated a mystique by avoiding talking to the press. It took the scandalous 1992 revelation of his affair … Continue reading
Lily James, Johnny Flynn and Ben Chaplin also star in this Jan. 21 Netflix release.
Man of action, man of violence, man of “particular skills.” A little “No Country for old Men” meets “Gloria.”