Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? "Dogwashers (Lavaperros)," a Guy Ritchie clone from Colombia
- Netflixable? Olga Kurylenko punches above her weight in "Sentinelle"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 23, 2020
The daft, stylized and quasi-surreal comedy of “Eagle vs. Shark” and “What We Do in the Shadows” may have made Taika Waititi’s reputation in his native New Zealand and at film festivals far and wide. But the sweet, goofy and … Continue reading
Who’s a good boo boo dog? Who?
It is time? Can we say this now, after his disastrously-off “Catch-22” on TV, his satiric misfire “Suburbicon” and the sentimental slog of “Monuments Men?” Behind the camera, the magic that was George Clooney most definitely was George Clooney, at … Continue reading
Whatever Oscar dreams Netflix has for “Mank” (meh) or “Dave Five Bloods” (You’re kidding, right?), they’re pulling out all the stops for George C. Wolfe’s film of August Wilson’s most accessible play. There’s a doc on the making of the … Continue reading
“Wildlife” feels like the sort of movie Paul Dano would have begged to star in back in his teens. The “There Will Be Blood” co-star’s adaptation of Richard Ford’s novel captures a marriage falling apart and a doted-on, confided with … Continue reading
If you know your submarine thrillers, from “The Enemy Below” and “Das Boot” to “The Hunt for Red October,” you know this signature moment repeated in such movies from WWII onward. It’s the sweaty, suspenseful near silence as everyone waits … Continue reading