Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Rideshare Roger just might be a "Stalker"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 23, 2020
The daft, stylized and quasi-surreal comedy of “Eagle vs. Shark” and “What We Do in the Shadows” may have made Taika Waititi’s reputation in his native New Zealand and at film festivals far and wide. But the sweet, goofy and … Continue reading
Who’s a good boo boo dog? Who?
It is time? Can we say this now, after his disastrously-off “Catch-22” on TV, his satiric misfire “Suburbicon” and the sentimental slog of “Monuments Men?” Behind the camera, the magic that was George Clooney most definitely was George Clooney, at … Continue reading
Whatever Oscar dreams Netflix has for “Mank” (meh) or “Dave Five Bloods” (You’re kidding, right?), they’re pulling out all the stops for George C. Wolfe’s film of August Wilson’s most accessible play. There’s a doc on the making of the … Continue reading
“Wildlife” feels like the sort of movie Paul Dano would have begged to star in back in his teens. The “There Will Be Blood” co-star’s adaptation of Richard Ford’s novel captures a marriage falling apart and a doted-on, confided with … Continue reading
If you know your submarine thrillers, from “The Enemy Below” and “Das Boot” to “The Hunt for Red October,” you know this signature moment repeated in such movies from WWII onward. It’s the sweaty, suspenseful near silence as everyone waits … Continue reading