Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? Poland's "The Getaway King (Najmro)" has style, wit and panache
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Netflixable? "40-Love" stumbles in love and laughs, if not tennis
- Animated Movie Preview: Apple TV+'s "Luck" gives us a Black Cat with Simon Pegg's Scots accent
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 3, 2020
Let’s share a little of the older generation’s infatuation with the sentimental memoir about the hard life an Irish mother, “Angela’s Ashes,” by showing the wee ones “Angela’s Christmas,” a witty and warm bit of Frank McCourt in holiday animated … Continue reading
Netflixable? “Angela’s Christmas Wish” lacks the warm narration, and the warmth of “Angela’s Christmas”
The McCourt family’s “Angela’s Ashes” brand finally produces one offshoot too many with the animated sequel, “Angela’s Christmas Wish.” It’s an inferior and longer follow-up to “Angela’s Christmas” of a few years back, with a little sentiment but barely enough … Continue reading
Warners is moving its entire 2021 film lineup, big titles all, to a theatrical and HBO Max simultaneous release schedule. Pandemic or not, will anybody go out to a theater if they can watch new releases at home? Not likely. … Continue reading
Having trouble sleeping? Here’s a maudlin Filipino melodrama set mostly in Morocco that has scenery and very little else going for it save for the promise of a nap it prompts. Flat performances, feeble attempts at humor, heartless grabs at … Continue reading
“Billie” is the far and away the most definitive Billie Holiday biography ever put on screen, a film that celebrates her magic and examines the demons that haunted her, chemical and human. It’s a film built out of two tragedies, … Continue reading