Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 21, 2020
Oh temptress smart phone, is there nothing you can’t ruin, given half a chance? Globe-trotting filmmaker Thomas Balmès has been filming in the Himalayas, Bhutan and other high plateaus of Asia since “Babies” (2010). But with “Happiness,” he found a … Continue reading
They’ve been called “dead teenager movies” ever since Siskel and Ebert gave them that label. And they follow the same formula, the same “rules” the world over — even in Poland. “Nobody Sleeps in the Woods Tonight,” or “W lesie … Continue reading
He’s pulled this together from the 56 hours of “unseen” Beatles studio footage. Yeah, I thought we’d seen it all, too. Apparently not. It’s all footage shot around the recording, rehearsing and build-up to the “rooftop” concert so famed in … Continue reading