Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? "Dogwashers (Lavaperros)," a Guy Ritchie clone from Colombia
- Netflixable? Olga Kurylenko punches above her weight in "Sentinelle"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 21, 2020
Oh temptress smart phone, is there nothing you can’t ruin, given half a chance? Globe-trotting filmmaker Thomas Balmès has been filming in the Himalayas, Bhutan and other high plateaus of Asia since “Babies” (2010). But with “Happiness,” he found a … Continue reading
They’ve been called “dead teenager movies” ever since Siskel and Ebert gave them that label. And they follow the same formula, the same “rules” the world over — even in Poland. “Nobody Sleeps in the Woods Tonight,” or “W lesie … Continue reading
He’s pulled this together from the 56 hours of “unseen” Beatles studio footage. Yeah, I thought we’d seen it all, too. Apparently not. It’s all footage shot around the recording, rehearsing and build-up to the “rooftop” concert so famed in … Continue reading