Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 8, 2020
Say what you will about the somewhat hokey supernatural love story that they’re trying to put over in “Wander Darkly.” But Sienna Miller and Diego Luna put on a clinic in screen chemistry in this melancholy puzzle-picture romance. Writer-director Tara … Continue reading
If “satire,” as the playwright/wag George S. Kaufman famously observed, “is what closes Saturday night,” then what are the possibilities of “The Twentieth Century?” It’s a surreal, expressionistic satire, a camp vulgarization of history. And Hell’s bells, it’s CANADIAN history. … Continue reading
It’s a little “Predator,” a bit of “Robocop” and a LOT “Terminator” — metal mercenaries of the not-too-distant future hit a Third World trouble spot. Mayhem ensues.
“Living well,” they say, “is the best revenge.” But what would you call living on — outlasting your enemies and loved ones, all your peers, outliving everything except for your memories? “Frau Stern” is about to turn 90. She has … Continue reading