Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Neeson narrows his beady eyes as "The Marksman"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 1, 2020
A drama about a Guantanamo prisoner, this Feb. release also stars Zachary Levi.
Actors are always encouraged to “make work for yourself” — start a theater group, put on shows, write a story with a plum part in it for yourself. So there’s no such thing as a “vanity project” in that world, … Continue reading
Argentina’s troubled past is the backdrop of a lifelong personal connection “The German Friend,” a romantic drama from Argentine filmmaker Jeanine Meerapfel. It’s about a Jewish girl who becomes infatuated with her new neighbor in 1940s Buenos Aires, a relationship … Continue reading
A romantic comedy built around these two seems…dicey. He has no screen presence and she’s yet to prove she’s more than a pair of model’s eyebrows. But here we go.
The limp is pronounced, the crazy eyes pop out here and there. But the twitchy-tic that has long been cinema-speak for “cracking?” That’s implied, more something you feel than what Aaron Eckhart actually shows the camera in “Wander.” Because you … Continue reading
Who says Loyd Kaufman’s Troma catalog has no shelf value? Peter Dinklage will star in and Macon Blair will write and direct what is described as a contemporary reimagining of Troma Entertainment’s 1984 hit of the same name https://t.co/e504GTFTgg https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1333728549543571457?s=20