Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: Dutch Road Ragers are just the worst -- "Tailgate (Bumperkleef)"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 31, 2020
Edi Gathegi plays a man staring at a life sentence through the dingy glass of a solitary confinement cell in “Caged,” a thriller about what this sort of isolation does to someone’s mind. It’s a fairly run-of-the-mill tale from “inside,” … Continue reading
The folly of Mel Gibson backing a former assistant with writing credits on “Apocalypto” and creating of TV’s “Boss” for Gibson’s most recent passion project, “The Professor and the Madman” is obvious, even to Gibson. They ended up in court … Continue reading