Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 10, 2020
Netflixable? Brazilians celebrate the holidays, and hapless Dad’s birthday in “Just Another Christmas”
The most ambitious holiday movie this year isn’t this Hallmark one or that animated one, a gay romance or a kiddie farce. It’s “Just Another Christmas” and it comes from Brazil, where it’s titled “Tudo Bem No Natal Que Vem.” … Continue reading
A smart cookie on screen, now she’s taking a shot at directing. Taraji P. Henson will be making her feature directorial debut with “Two Faced,” which has nothing to do with the Batman universe. As the Hollywood Reporter tells us, … Continue reading
The attack was brazen, and because it was captured on video and involved North Korea, it dominated the news for months back in 2017. The exiled brother of Kim Jong-un, North Korea’s latest dictator for life from the Kim Dynasty, … Continue reading
“The Father” is as close to dementia as any of us would ever care to get. And yet, thanks to longevity that has turned recent generations into the longest-lived in history, it is touching more lives than ever. French playwright … Continue reading