Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 29, 2014
Paramount’s Darren Aronofsky/Russell Crowe gamble is paying off, hitting $45 million or so by Sunday night, a box office take well above expectations — which were in the mid-30s. That’s based on a big Friday, but we’ll see how Sat. … Continue reading