Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Navy Fliers test limits of "Devotion" over Korea
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: When Peter Pan makes a promise, "The Lost Girls" wait for him
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 18, 2014
“Divergent,” the latest outcast-teen-battles-The-System thriller, is similar enough to “The Hunger Games” that hardcore Katniss fans may dismiss it. But it’s a more streamlined film, with a love story with genuine heat and deaths with genuine pathos. And director Neil … Continue reading
Unlike “Mr Peabody & Sherman,” the new “Peanuts” adaptation seems to be hewing closer to its TV roots — same Vince Guaraldi music, same SFX for Snoopy’s voice. But what’s the story, and seriously, how good can it be? Every … Continue reading
It starts with a trip to the bar to drown his sorrows, or at least steel his courage. Craig (Pat Healy) has been laid off. How can he tell his wife (Amanda Fuller) that they’re about to be evicted? … Continue reading