Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Movie Review: Replacing your own septic? Plan on "Digging to Death"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 6, 2014
The finest preserved art deco movie palace in America is in Fargo, North Dakota, believe it or not. Since I got my start reviewing just up the road in Grand Forks, I accepted an invitation to come to Fargo’s 14th … Continue reading
There’s a huge, scary gap between “piano lessons as a kid” and playing “the most gifted concert pianist of his era” in a movie. But these days, Elijah Wood lives for fear. One thing “Grand Piano” was sure to do … Continue reading
Last weekend didn’t produce any film that earned widespread acclaim from North America’s working critics. But the arrival of March has turned the corner on that as a number of pretty good wide releases chase “Pompeii”, “Son of God” and … Continue reading