Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Cheating is made for "The Delinquent Season"
- Movie Review: "Cerebrum" is sci-fi of the brain-damaged variety
- Movie Review: Trapped on the farm and in the grain -- "Silo"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Olivia Cooke proves she's more than "just a horror girl" with "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Billy Crystal drags Tiffany Haddish into the schmaltz --"Here Today"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 6, 2014
The finest preserved art deco movie palace in America is in Fargo, North Dakota, believe it or not. Since I got my start reviewing just up the road in Grand Forks, I accepted an invitation to come to Fargo’s 14th … Continue reading
There’s a huge, scary gap between “piano lessons as a kid” and playing “the most gifted concert pianist of his era” in a movie. But these days, Elijah Wood lives for fear. One thing “Grand Piano” was sure to do … Continue reading
Last weekend didn’t produce any film that earned widespread acclaim from North America’s working critics. But the arrival of March has turned the corner on that as a number of pretty good wide releases chase “Pompeii”, “Son of God” and … Continue reading