Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 4, 2014
She got her first acclaim on TV’s “The Secret Life of an American Teenager,” and burst out on the big screen as the rebellious daughter in “The Descendants.” Then, there was a spectacular turn in “The Spectacular Now.” And now, … Continue reading
King Leonidas slipped into legend at the Battle of Thermopylae, martyred with 300 Spartans for the sake of Western Civilization and Spartan glory. “Go, tell the Spartans, stranger passing by That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.” So it … Continue reading
“Grand Piano” is a nail-biting thriller in the classic Hitchcock style. And the best word to describe it is one that went out of fashion long before Hitch’s death, over 30 years ago. This tale of a concert pianist performing … Continue reading