Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Documentary Review: Remembering "Jimmie and Stevie Ray Vaughan: Brothers in Blues"
- Movie Review: "Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves"
- Movie Review: Lifelong Friends Journey from "Chantilly Lace" to "Chantilly Bridge"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: March 12, 2014
Movie Review: “Need for Speed”
For anybody tired of digital movie car chases that, while fast and furious, routinely defy the laws of physics, here’s one where the cars and stunts are real (mostly) and spectacular. A cross-country sprint followed by a daredevil dash through … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Need for Speed”
Movie Review: Bateman lets his nasty-funny side show in “Bad Words”
All those years of packing his resume with “long suffering” reasonable guys forced to do the slow burn when confronted by irrational family, bosses or identity thieves must have gotten to Jason Bateman. He unloads that past with his directing … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Bateman lets his nasty-funny side show in “Bad Words”
Movie Review: “Le Week-End”
Too many marriages end over that one blunt accusation hurled on the way to court — “You never listen.” And if every couple was as sharp, biting and witty as Meg and Nick in “Le Week-End,” there would be no … Continue reading
Aaron Paul talks “Need for Speed,” fast cars, Paul Walker and “Top Gear”
Aaron Paul took home two Emmys when TV’s “Breaking Bad” made him a star. But his favorite trophy from that series was something he could purchase with his “Jesse Pinkman” money. Paul bought himself a “weekend car,” a classic 1965 … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Aaron Paul talks “Need for Speed,” fast cars, Paul Walker and “Top Gear”