Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 3, 2014
Three Oscars, as of 1010 pm. Maybe. Ellen DeGeneres is owning the show, which is funny and relaxed and offhand and a bit clumsy. Like Ellen. Lots of stumbling. Teleprompter issues? A late script? The music’s been showcased nicely. But … Continue reading
“After Earth” was honored in a way that befits its derisive reviews, taking home Golden Raspberries for star Will Smith, his spawn Jaden, and worst picture. “Movie 43,” which is really not worth nominating or berating, took worst script. Kim … Continue reading