Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: "Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves"
- Movie Review: Lifelong Friends Journey from "Chantilly Lace" to "Chantilly Bridge"
- Documentary Review: Remembering "Jimmie and Stevie Ray Vaughan: Brothers in Blues"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: March 3, 2014
OSCARS: Is it a “Gravity” night?
Three Oscars, as of 1010 pm. Maybe. Ellen DeGeneres is owning the show, which is funny and relaxed and offhand and a bit clumsy. Like Ellen. Lots of stumbling. Teleprompter issues? A late script? The music’s been showcased nicely. But … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on OSCARS: Is it a “Gravity” night?
“And the winner is…Will Smith, and Jaden Smith and ‘After Earth'” — Golden Raspberry losers
“After Earth” was honored in a way that befits its derisive reviews, taking home Golden Raspberries for star Will Smith, his spawn Jaden, and worst picture. “Movie 43,” which is really not worth nominating or berating, took worst script. Kim … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on “And the winner is…Will Smith, and Jaden Smith and ‘After Earth'” — Golden Raspberry losers