Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Movie Review: Abraham's story aimed at the Easter audience -- "His Only Son"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? The Vulgarians Rise Again -- "Murder Mystery 2"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: March 7, 2014
Weekend Box Office: Will “300” slaughter “Mr. Peabody”?
This is a decent weekend for new movie openings and that very well may be reflected in the box office take of the first weekend of March. Will “300: Rise of an Empire” clear $40 million, thanks to 3D ticket … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Weekend Box Office: Will “300” slaughter “Mr. Peabody”?
Fargo Film Festival hits the jackpot with North Dakota oil patch documentaries
North Dakota was a national punchline for decades, a flat, arid state that was losing population and seemed more remote from “The Real America” with every passing year. “Fargo” wasn’t just a film title, it was a state of isolation, … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Fargo Film Festival hits the jackpot with North Dakota oil patch documentaries