Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 7, 2014
This is a decent weekend for new movie openings and that very well may be reflected in the box office take of the first weekend of March. Will “300: Rise of an Empire” clear $40 million, thanks to 3D ticket … Continue reading
North Dakota was a national punchline for decades, a flat, arid state that was losing population and seemed more remote from “The Real America” with every passing year. “Fargo” wasn’t just a film title, it was a state of isolation, … Continue reading