Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: Dorff grieves and reasons out a supernatural mystery in “Don’t Go”
- Movie Review: Beware the main course at "The Dinner Party"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "Cerebrum" is sci-fi of the brain-damaged variety
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: "Stars Fell on Alabama" -- But laughs? Nope.
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 8, 2014
Lars Von Trier, the cinemas greatest provocateur, dips his toe in porn with “Nymphomaniac: Vol. 1.” Dull, carnal, and explicitly so in both regards, it’s a slow-moving slog through one crushed soul as she relates the empty, passionless pursuits of … Continue reading
I had moved away from North Dakota, but only recently, when “Fargo” came out. And returning here for the Fargo Film Festival, I was reminded of the region’s ambivalent relationship to the movie that made it famous. In Q & … Continue reading
“300: Rise of an Empire” didn’t get the grand reviews of the 2006 film that made Gerard Butler a star. And it doesn’t have Gerard. Or many Spartans. It’s about flabbier Greek farmers and merchants and thinkers and politicians, turned … Continue reading