Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 8, 2014
Lars Von Trier, the cinemas greatest provocateur, dips his toe in porn with “Nymphomaniac: Vol. 1.” Dull, carnal, and explicitly so in both regards, it’s a slow-moving slog through one crushed soul as she relates the empty, passionless pursuits of … Continue reading
I had moved away from North Dakota, but only recently, when “Fargo” came out. And returning here for the Fargo Film Festival, I was reminded of the region’s ambivalent relationship to the movie that made it famous. In Q & … Continue reading
“300: Rise of an Empire” didn’t get the grand reviews of the 2006 film that made Gerard Butler a star. And it doesn’t have Gerard. Or many Spartans. It’s about flabbier Greek farmers and merchants and thinkers and politicians, turned … Continue reading