Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Cheating is made for "The Delinquent Season"
- Movie Review: "Cerebrum" is sci-fi of the brain-damaged variety
- Movie Review: Trapped on the farm and in the grain -- "Silo"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Olivia Cooke proves she's more than "just a horror girl" with "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Billy Crystal drags Tiffany Haddish into the schmaltz --"Here Today"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 17, 2014
Jeff Goldman was leaning in decades before “Lean In” became a catch-phrase of the moment. You can see it from his earliest movies and TV appearances, Goldblum’s angular frame and wide eyes tilting toward and drinking in whoever is opposite … Continue reading
“Blood Ties” is a cop-crooks thriller based on a French film, “Les liens du sang.” It’s a period piece set in 1974, when the lapels were wide, the cars were wider and pay phones were the cell phones of the … Continue reading
To topple the frightening and powerful, the first step is to make them look foolish. That’s the object lesson in “Rob the Mob,” a tragi-comic tale of a couple of idiots who figured New York’s “five families” were just “greasy … Continue reading