Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Classic Film Review: "The 49th Parallel"(1941) reminds us Nazis aren't "very fine people"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: March 17, 2014
Jeff Goldblum, charming the socks off fans, femmes and filmmakers since 1980
Jeff Goldman was leaning in decades before “Lean In” became a catch-phrase of the moment. You can see it from his earliest movies and TV appearances, Goldblum’s angular frame and wide eyes tilting toward and drinking in whoever is opposite … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Jeff Goldblum, charming the socks off fans, femmes and filmmakers since 1980
Movie Review: “Blood Ties”
“Blood Ties” is a cop-crooks thriller based on a French film, “Les liens du sang.” It’s a period piece set in 1974, when the lapels were wide, the cars were wider and pay phones were the cell phones of the … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Blood Ties”
Movie Review: “Rob the Mob” aims for violent, tragic laughs — and gets them
To topple the frightening and powerful, the first step is to make them look foolish. That’s the object lesson in “Rob the Mob,” a tragi-comic tale of a couple of idiots who figured New York’s “five families” were just “greasy … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Rob the Mob” aims for violent, tragic laughs — and gets them