Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 11, 2013
Dylan Thomas taught us all we ever need to know about old age, death and dying. “Rage, rage against the dying of the light.” Woodrow “Woody” Grant makes his rage a quest. He’s 80ish. He’s gotten a letter in the … Continue reading
Here’s what Shia LaBeouf has been up to since finishing his turn in the “Transformers” franchise.He made “The Company You Keep,” a modestly-budgeted high-minded thriller with Robert Redford.There was “Lawless,” the Prohibition Era moonshining action picture with Tom Hardy.He’s in … Continue reading
A couple of Oscar winners — Jennifer Hudson and Forest Whitaker — class up this holiday musical based on a Langston Hughes libretto that sets the Nativity story in Harlem. Angela Bassett and Tyrese Gibson are also in it. Kasi … Continue reading