Top Posts & Pages
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: Just Get Gerard Butler to "Kandahar"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Classic Film Review: "A Walk in the Sun" (1945) WWII filmed as it was happening
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: November 11, 2013
Movie Review: Dern, Squibb, Forte and Keach all shine in “Nebraska”
Dylan Thomas taught us all we ever need to know about old age, death and dying. “Rage, rage against the dying of the light.” Woodrow “Woody” Grant makes his rage a quest. He’s 80ish. He’s gotten a letter in the … Continue reading
Movie Review: Shia shakes off the conventional with “Charlie Countryman”
Here’s what Shia LaBeouf has been up to since finishing his turn in the “Transformers” franchise.He made “The Company You Keep,” a modestly-budgeted high-minded thriller with Robert Redford.There was “Lawless,” the Prohibition Era moonshining action picture with Tom Hardy.He’s in … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Shia shakes off the conventional with “Charlie Countryman”
Next Screening: “Black Nativity”
A couple of Oscar winners — Jennifer Hudson and Forest Whitaker — class up this holiday musical based on a Langston Hughes libretto that sets the Nativity story in Harlem. Angela Bassett and Tyrese Gibson are also in it. Kasi … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next Screening: “Black Nativity”