Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: Into the melodramatic maelstrom of "1917"
- Movie Review: Twists and tension make "I See You" a sleeper worth tracking down
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 11, 2013
Dylan Thomas taught us all we ever need to know about old age, death and dying. “Rage, rage against the dying of the light.” Woodrow “Woody” Grant makes his rage a quest. He’s 80ish. He’s gotten a letter in the … Continue reading
Here’s what Shia LaBeouf has been up to since finishing his turn in the “Transformers” franchise.He made “The Company You Keep,” a modestly-budgeted high-minded thriller with Robert Redford.There was “Lawless,” the Prohibition Era moonshining action picture with Tom Hardy.He’s in … Continue reading
A couple of Oscar winners — Jennifer Hudson and Forest Whitaker — class up this holiday musical based on a Langston Hughes libretto that sets the Nativity story in Harlem. Angela Bassett and Tyrese Gibson are also in it. Kasi … Continue reading