Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Movie Review: Hanks and his "Greyhound" battle U-Boats in the Atlantic
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 11, 2013
Dylan Thomas taught us all we ever need to know about old age, death and dying. “Rage, rage against the dying of the light.” Woodrow “Woody” Grant makes his rage a quest. He’s 80ish. He’s gotten a letter in the … Continue reading
Here’s what Shia LaBeouf has been up to since finishing his turn in the “Transformers” franchise.He made “The Company You Keep,” a modestly-budgeted high-minded thriller with Robert Redford.There was “Lawless,” the Prohibition Era moonshining action picture with Tom Hardy.He’s in … Continue reading
A couple of Oscar winners — Jennifer Hudson and Forest Whitaker — class up this holiday musical based on a Langston Hughes libretto that sets the Nativity story in Harlem. Angela Bassett and Tyrese Gibson are also in it. Kasi … Continue reading