Top Posts & Pages
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: Just Get Gerard Butler to "Kandahar"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Classic Film Review: "A Walk in the Sun" (1945) WWII filmed as it was happening
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: November 24, 2013
Box Office: “Hunger Games” catches fire on Saturday — a $160 million opening weekend
A huge Thursday night and Friday led to a big Saturday and “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” now looks like a record breaking (for November) opening weekend. $160 million. Very impressive. Predictions were in the $170-180 range, but the film … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: “Hunger Games” catches fire on Saturday — a $160 million opening weekend
“Book Thief” star gets a crash course in the Holocaust
“The Book Thief”, the new World War II/Holocaust film based on the Markus Zusak novel, isn’t a children’s movie. “Though it is about children, during the war,” says its star, 13 year-old French Canadian actress Sophie Nelisse. But “movies like … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on “Book Thief” star gets a crash course in the Holocaust