Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 24, 2013
A huge Thursday night and Friday led to a big Saturday and “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” now looks like a record breaking (for November) opening weekend. $160 million. Very impressive. Predictions were in the $170-180 range, but the film … Continue reading
“The Book Thief”, the new World War II/Holocaust film based on the Markus Zusak novel, isn’t a children’s movie. “Though it is about children, during the war,” says its star, 13 year-old French Canadian actress Sophie Nelisse. But “movies like … Continue reading