Top Posts & Pages
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? "The Christmas Chronicles Part 2" is two hours of the holidays your kids will never get back
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 2, 2013
The director of the streetwise Brit creature feature “Attack the Block” is being considered by Paramount as director of the next “Star Trek” movie? Having interviewed Mr. Cornish and found him amusing, We are intrigued.
A classic comedian’s rise to stardom — standup to Groundlings to writing to SNL to guest spots on “30 Rock,” “How I Met Your Mother” to scene-stealing turns in movies. But in “Nebraska,” Will Forte is both funny and thoughtful, … Continue reading
The Thursday night opening numbers for the sci-fi film of Orson Scott Card’s “Ender’s Game” were on a par with “Bad Grandpa’s.” And it’s Friday looks to have pushed it to around $9.9 million. That adds up to a $30 … Continue reading
The Minnesota couple’s Phoenix wedding would be perfect — all the friends and relatives gathered, a lovely hotel, a beautiful bride, love in the air.But the best man, the aptly-named “Lumpy” (Tyler Labine), is out of control — binge drinking, … Continue reading
Jason Bateman has made noise about moving into the director’s chair on a film set for years. But who would have guessed he’d get to do it with an edgy David Lindsay-Abaire script? DLA wrote “Rabbit Hole,” a serenely sad … Continue reading
The hirsute director of mockumentaries and whatever Sacha Baron Cohen dreams up has signed on to direct the film of Bill Bryson’s middle-aged men hiking the Appalachian Trail comedy. Since Robert Redford, who was excited to be doing a comedy … Continue reading