Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: The Unholy Evangelicals/Israeli alliance donating and agitating "'Til Kingdom Come"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review -- "Time Warp: The Greatest Cult Films of All Time"
- Movie Review: Tom Holland, a medic turned addict/bank-robber -- "Cherry"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Have you seen "Nomadland" yet? Make a plan, make it happen.
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 7, 2013
The great Stacy Keach, like the great Bruce Dern, gets a late-career dash of glory added his storied resume in “Nebraska.” He’s the back-slapping ex-business partner of Woody (Dern), a decrepit drunk whom we start to suspect has been … Continue reading
“Armstrong Lie” Alex Gibney on his dogged pursuit, understanding and appreciation of Lance Armstrong
Oscar winning documentary maker Alex Gibney has a reputation for doggedly pursuing the truth — about government-sanctioned torture (“Taxi to the Dark Side”), government-connected business crooks (“Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room”) or the Catholic Church’s cover-up minded response … Continue reading
The studios are rolling out the last of their big gun Oscar contenders in the next month or so, and they’re showing them to critics just as fast as they can arrange the screenings — “Nebraska,” “Inside Llewyn Davis,” and … Continue reading
When Hollywood sizes up Canadian actress Cobie Smulders, the model gorgeous/ model thin star of TV’s “How I Met Your Mother,” they envision her as “some tough chick,” she says with a laugh.” I do all these things where I … Continue reading
The ever-changing media consumption landscape lost 300 Blockbuster Video today, the last big video store chain. The mom and pop “Be Kind, Rewind” stores mostly bought the farm years ago. Blockbuster held out, like the death-ratting big bookstore chains, shedding … Continue reading