Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
- Movie Review: If only they'd remembered Harvey Keitel is "Lansky"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 15, 2013
As in “Hunger Games” meets “The Host.” Shailene Woodley, Kate Winslet, a future where conformity is valued above all. And the perky teen who isn’t having that. Yeah, it’s from Summit and yeah it looks way too much like “Hunger … Continue reading
Movie Review: “The Book Thief” serves up a sanitized, watered-down Germany during the Hitler years and Holocaust
Whatever virtues turned “The Book Thief” into an acclaimed and honored international best seller are strangely absent from the film adaptation. A sad orphan’s story bereft of emotion, a paen to books that does precious little to pass that on … Continue reading
“Thor, the Dark World” should lose 50-60% of its opening weekend audience on this, its second week of release. That means it could do $33-40 million. Anything less than that suggests that perhaps audiences weren’t keen on the similarities between … Continue reading