Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 15, 2013
As in “Hunger Games” meets “The Host.” Shailene Woodley, Kate Winslet, a future where conformity is valued above all. And the perky teen who isn’t having that. Yeah, it’s from Summit and yeah it looks way too much like “Hunger … Continue reading
Movie Review: “The Book Thief” serves up a sanitized, watered-down Germany during the Hitler years and Holocaust
Whatever virtues turned “The Book Thief” into an acclaimed and honored international best seller are strangely absent from the film adaptation. A sad orphan’s story bereft of emotion, a paen to books that does precious little to pass that on … Continue reading
“Thor, the Dark World” should lose 50-60% of its opening weekend audience on this, its second week of release. That means it could do $33-40 million. Anything less than that suggests that perhaps audiences weren’t keen on the similarities between … Continue reading