Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Rednecks pick the wrong gay couple to torture at "The Retreat"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 15, 2013
As in “Hunger Games” meets “The Host.” Shailene Woodley, Kate Winslet, a future where conformity is valued above all. And the perky teen who isn’t having that. Yeah, it’s from Summit and yeah it looks way too much like “Hunger … Continue reading
Movie Review: “The Book Thief” serves up a sanitized, watered-down Germany during the Hitler years and Holocaust
Whatever virtues turned “The Book Thief” into an acclaimed and honored international best seller are strangely absent from the film adaptation. A sad orphan’s story bereft of emotion, a paen to books that does precious little to pass that on … Continue reading
“Thor, the Dark World” should lose 50-60% of its opening weekend audience on this, its second week of release. That means it could do $33-40 million. Anything less than that suggests that perhaps audiences weren’t keen on the similarities between … Continue reading