Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: The beautifully-filmed ugly history of "Antebellum"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 15, 2013
As in “Hunger Games” meets “The Host.” Shailene Woodley, Kate Winslet, a future where conformity is valued above all. And the perky teen who isn’t having that. Yeah, it’s from Summit and yeah it looks way too much like “Hunger … Continue reading
Movie Review: “The Book Thief” serves up a sanitized, watered-down Germany during the Hitler years and Holocaust
Whatever virtues turned “The Book Thief” into an acclaimed and honored international best seller are strangely absent from the film adaptation. A sad orphan’s story bereft of emotion, a paen to books that does precious little to pass that on … Continue reading
“Thor, the Dark World” should lose 50-60% of its opening weekend audience on this, its second week of release. That means it could do $33-40 million. Anything less than that suggests that perhaps audiences weren’t keen on the similarities between … Continue reading