Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: Into the melodramatic maelstrom of "1917"
- Movie Review: Twists and tension make "I See You" a sleeper worth tracking down
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 15, 2013
As in “Hunger Games” meets “The Host.” Shailene Woodley, Kate Winslet, a future where conformity is valued above all. And the perky teen who isn’t having that. Yeah, it’s from Summit and yeah it looks way too much like “Hunger … Continue reading
Movie Review: “The Book Thief” serves up a sanitized, watered-down Germany during the Hitler years and Holocaust
Whatever virtues turned “The Book Thief” into an acclaimed and honored international best seller are strangely absent from the film adaptation. A sad orphan’s story bereft of emotion, a paen to books that does precious little to pass that on … Continue reading
“Thor, the Dark World” should lose 50-60% of its opening weekend audience on this, its second week of release. That means it could do $33-40 million. Anything less than that suggests that perhaps audiences weren’t keen on the similarities between … Continue reading