Top Posts & Pages
- Classic Film Review: Matthau Stars, Directs and flirts with his future wife in "Gangster Story" (1959)
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? "Infiesto" -- A Piquant Pandemic Police Procedural from Spain
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 25, 2013
This Oscar-qualifying documentary is about Hollywood’s historical treatment of the disabled, on screen and behind the camera. Lots of clips and interviews with actors, directors, advocates and disabled actors, editors, producers et al. Looks very promising.
“Black Nativity” is a musical updating of Harlem Renaissance poet Langston Hughes’ play, based loosely — very loosely — on the way Jesus of Nazareth entered the world in a manger in Bethlehem. And once it finds its footing, this … Continue reading
Homer’s “The Odyssey” was the inspiration behind the Coen brothers’ “Oh Brother, Where Art Thou.” And that ancient epic provides the loose structure and coded, contemplative essence of their latest, “Inside Llewyn Davis,” a brooding folk-music-on-the-brink-of Dylan period piece built … Continue reading
io9.com posted this cool collection of shots from “Metropolis” and “Star Wars” that gives you a new appreciation for “How did they DO that?”