Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: Bale and Damon, "Ford v Ferrari"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Netflixable? French gangsters fight a turf war in Thailand on "Paradise Beach"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Prepare to be blindsided by "Face 2 Face"
- Netflixable? As this story is from Spain, "The Influence" ("La influencia") just might be a witch
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 25, 2013
This Oscar-qualifying documentary is about Hollywood’s historical treatment of the disabled, on screen and behind the camera. Lots of clips and interviews with actors, directors, advocates and disabled actors, editors, producers et al. Looks very promising.
“Black Nativity” is a musical updating of Harlem Renaissance poet Langston Hughes’ play, based loosely — very loosely — on the way Jesus of Nazareth entered the world in a manger in Bethlehem. And once it finds its footing, this … Continue reading
Homer’s “The Odyssey” was the inspiration behind the Coen brothers’ “Oh Brother, Where Art Thou.” And that ancient epic provides the loose structure and coded, contemplative essence of their latest, “Inside Llewyn Davis,” a brooding folk-music-on-the-brink-of Dylan period piece built … Continue reading
io9.com posted this cool collection of shots from “Metropolis” and “Star Wars” that gives you a new appreciation for “How did they DO that?”