Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 5, 2013
What’s been missing from all the movies about AIDS and the history of the AIDS crisis is that Matthew McConaughey swagger. And we never would have realized that if he hadn’t made “Dallas Buyers Club.” Here’s a film about the … Continue reading
Oscar talk for Matthew McConaughey gave way, a little, to Oscar talk for Jared Leto as this film neared release. In any event, a true story drama about people conspiring to get their hands on experimental/unapproved in America AIDS drugs … Continue reading
Thor returns, with his long blond mane, his manly chest and his sense of humor intact in “Thor: The Dark World,” a sequel that hews close to the structure of the 2011 original. The design is brighter and sharper, the … Continue reading