Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 3, 2022
A tweenaged girl growing up in a beautifully-cluttered and weather-worn Japanese coastal village narrates the story of her mother, and her life with her, in the delightful “Fortune Favors Lady Nikuko,” an anime coming-of-age confection based on a YA novel … Continue reading
Jean-Claude Van Damme’s career second wind, the one that showed up when he turned out to be pretty darned good at playing himself, a washed-up action star, in “JCVD,” has pretty much run its course. He got a short-lived TV … Continue reading
Man, you know times are hard at Netflix when it all comes down to this. “Interceptor” is the marquee new release on the embattled streamer this week, a cheesy C-movie polished up to look like a B. It’s about terrorists … Continue reading
A Rochester, New York synagogue and Hebrew School is the setting for the coming of age/coming-out dramedy “Tahara.” Teenage girls Carrie (Madeline Grey DeFeece) and Hannah (Rachel Sennott) prattle on about crushes, sexual experiences and desires, tactlessly commenting on the … Continue reading
Sort of a “Game of Thrones” vamp on Disney “Princess” fantasies? Pouty princess Joey K of “The Kissing Booth” is told she’s got to marry that damned Dominic Cooper — twice her age — and she ain’t having it. Nossir. … Continue reading