Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 3, 2022
A tweenaged girl growing up in a beautifully-cluttered and weather-worn Japanese coastal village narrates the story of her mother, and her life with her, in the delightful “Fortune Favors Lady Nikuko,” an anime coming-of-age confection based on a YA novel … Continue reading
Jean-Claude Van Damme’s career second wind, the one that showed up when he turned out to be pretty darned good at playing himself, a washed-up action star, in “JCVD,” has pretty much run its course. He got a short-lived TV … Continue reading
Man, you know times are hard at Netflix when it all comes down to this. “Interceptor” is the marquee new release on the embattled streamer this week, a cheesy C-movie polished up to look like a B. It’s about terrorists … Continue reading
A Rochester, New York synagogue and Hebrew School is the setting for the coming of age/coming-out dramedy “Tahara.” Teenage girls Carrie (Madeline Grey DeFeece) and Hannah (Rachel Sennott) prattle on about crushes, sexual experiences and desires, tactlessly commenting on the … Continue reading
Sort of a “Game of Thrones” vamp on Disney “Princess” fantasies? Pouty princess Joey K of “The Kissing Booth” is told she’s got to marry that damned Dominic Cooper — twice her age — and she ain’t having it. Nossir. … Continue reading