Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A drug dealer needs a bike racer to be his "Centaur"
- Netflixable? "Heart Parade" is a rom-com that goes to the (Dachshund) Dogs
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 2, 2022
Gay icon Billy Porter made a PG-13 movie? Looks adorbs and inclusive. July 22.
Domino learned to paint from his famous painter mother, and learned about love from his famous painter father. Love is “when you see colors you’ve never seen before” you’ll know, father Fidel counsels. Ino may have had that very experience … Continue reading
I recall seeing the trailer for “Keeping Company” and thinking, “Pushy, competitive insurance salesmen meet a serial killer? That could be funny.” And while there are some laughs, and one doesn’t get the sense that there were can’t-miss possibilities that … Continue reading
The whole movie is in the headline in this carefully-observed but low-heat Indonesian melodrama from writer-director Robby Ertanto. “Ave Maryam” treats us to the quiet routine of a convent whose chief duties seems to be caring for elderly nuns. Sister … Continue reading
A canny eel diving teen gets in the middle of mind games between her strict dad and his rich friend. This scenic drama with thriller elements opens July 8.
This Swiss drama is about a career criminal — upper class, the worst kind — and the prison/justice system reform activist who became his champion, is a real winner. And I hope the good folks of the sleepy, aging former … Continue reading
Daryl McCormack plays the sex worker brought in for a bit of last gasp adventure, the *Leo Grande” in question? This one seems audience specific enough to warrant a streaming release, which it is getting via Searchlight and Hulu, where … Continue reading
A very interesting turn towards a sort of “true crime” found footage take on a tragedy.
You tend to forget how dark “Our Man in Havana” is. Carol Reed’s film of Graham Greene’s “comic” spy novel is no “Ugly American,” to be sure, and was never quite as sadistic as the early James Bond movies it … Continue reading
Jorge Lendeborg, Jenna Ortega and Bella Ortiz are among the stars in this action comedy, coming out July 15.