Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 21, 2022
I mean, considering all the movies he’s smoked in, you’d think he’d look like that Gibson fella. Or, you know, a well used catcher’s mitt.
Quentin Tarantino has mentioned the down-and-dirty Outback thriller “Fair Game” as one of his inspirations for his “Grindhouse” segment, “Death Proof.” With cinemas starved for content, why not pull this woman-hunted-by-bogans (Aussie for “redneck goons”) out of cold storage for … Continue reading
Next screening? Ethan Hawke’s a child abducting monster who doesn’t want you answering “The Black Phone”
The director of “Sinister” and the first “Doctor Strange” movie is behind the camera for this. Looks a bit like “It” and a lot of “Call from the Other Side” thrillers. Opens Friday.
A young gymnast focused on getting to the Olympics faces the serious and deadly-personal distractions of unrest in her native Ukraine in “Olga,” an intimate and moving drama starring real-life Ukrainian gymnast Anastasiia Budiashkina. The first feature film from Swiss … Continue reading
C’mon. Who doesn’t love Zoey Deutch? Dylan O’Brian co stars. Searchlight made this edgy comedy, about an influencer who bends the truth to become “a victim.” It comes to Hulu July 29.
“Marcel the Shell with Shoes On” is a charming little stop-motion animated project built on an Internet/Youtube sensation from long ago. Well, pre-Pandemic anyway. Dreamed up by Jenny Slate, then freshly-dropped from “Saturday Night Live” for dropping a live f-bomb, … Continue reading