Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney serves up a moody Marvel "Werewolf by Night" Halloween tale
- Movie Review: "Operation Seawolf" pits Dolph against Grillo in a cut-rate WWII U-Boat thriller
- Movie Review: "The Storied Life of AJ Fikry" mopes its way towards Ordinary
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Lyle, Lyle Crocodile" manages a smile
- Movie Review: "Hellraiser" finds its feminine side
- Movie Review: An all-star cast remembers better days in "Amsterdam"
- Movie Review: Maika Monroe faces a monster with her "Significant Other"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 15, 2022
Quite the summer for Don and Melanie’s kid. This looks like Austen with a wink, and may work. Richard E. Grant and Henry Golding are in the supporting cast. Don’t recognize the hunk she swoons over. My favorite version of … Continue reading
This is what happens when you let a guy doze off watching a “Green Acres” marathon. Jay O. Sanders might be the most famous face in “The Road to Galena.” Ben Winchell, Will Brittain and Aimee Teagarden are the leads. … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Antonio Banderas puts on the Boots he was BORN to Wear — “Puss in Boots: The Last Wish”
Listen to the way Spain’s matinee idol hits his lines, the relish he brings to saying his name “Poooos in Boots.” Damn he’s funny in this part. Same with Salma Hayek, their latest greatest pairing? “The Last Wish” is “coming … Continue reading
The title is “Dreaming Walls,” so don’t dive into this documentary about New York’s famous — and infamous — Hotel Chelsea expecting a literal history lesson. Twelve stories of brick that opened on 23rd St. in 1884, it hosted Oscar … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Mel Gibson runs the bomb squad, Kevin Dillon’s the hacker/victim in the bomber’s “Hot Seat”
Interview enough actors or read enough actors’ autobiographies and you’ll run across what has to be their most common pet peeve. It’s a stage direction that everybody who steps onto a set and into the frame seems to hate. “OK, … Continue reading
A shy young podcaster immerses herself in her local indie music scene as a way of finding herself and getting noticed in “Poser,” a mesmerizing immersion in music, a “scene” and the obsessions of a member of the “Hey everyone, … Continue reading
This movie, set during the 2014 Russian invasion of Crimea and Donbass, seems to explain why Russian officers have limited shelf lives while on their “special operation, invading, murdering and raping their way across Ukraine. July 1, from Well Go … Continue reading