Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 23, 2022
“My Donkey, My Lover & I” is one of the unexpected filmgoing delights of this summer. It’s a French road comedy in which the “road” is a famous French hiking trail pioneered by a legendary Scottish writer, the vehicle a … Continue reading
Kevin Hart‘s always good for a few manic, exasperated laughs. Laid back Woody Harrelson adds value to pretty much anything he’s in. Both are experts at “buddy pictures.” “The Man from Toronto” should be a pretty safe bet. And it … Continue reading
Here you go. Yes, you have to wait until Sept. 30 to grow your own grin.
The South African actress Alice Krige first gained notice in America in a sprawling “Tale of Two Cities” TV adaptation that broadcast in 1980. But her fate was ordained by her big screen debut. In “Ghost Story,” she was the … Continue reading
This Rebecca Huntt film opens in select theaters Friday. Looks like greater counter programming to the popcorn pics of summer.
A tsunami of good vibes rolls over “Trevor: The Musical,” an upbeat, kids-friendly tale told in song about a bullied but hopeful middle school boy who is sorely tested by and abused for his just-emerging sense of his sexuality. A … Continue reading
This drama about an accident and its cover-up, the moral implications of that and the like, didn’t star two Oscar winners when it was filmed. But now Jessica Chastain joins co-star Ralph Fiennes in that regard. This opens July 1.